Wauwatosa Family Dentist
An Important Message from Dr. McCue
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for McCue Dental Health and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- We have added Medical Grade Hepa Filtration to all of our treatment rooms and common areas to help protect patients
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- All patients and staff will have their temperature taken before being allowed into treatment areas.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We also ask that you please wear a mask or any other type of face covering into the office to help keep patients and staff safe
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We also have few options for seating in our waiting area so we ask that you please come to your appointments alone. If this is not possible, we ask that your companion please wait in the car.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
You will also likely notice that we are wearing additional protective equipment including, KN95 masks, face shields and gowns. I know we look strange but trust that we are the same caring providers that you’ve always known!
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 414-456-1091 or visit the contact page of our website at https://www.wauwatosadentists.com/contact/ to schedule an appointment online.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. McCue and the McCue Dental Health Staff